Monday, February 9, 2009

It's New Year's Day...Let's look at appliances!

We had met with two of the three kitchen designers...the third (and the one we ultimately choose) was coming to our house on January 2nd. I was getting itchy to look at kitchen appliances, so we went to the local applicance store (not a big box store) where we had previously purchased our appliances for the house back 15 years ago. I had been looking during the fall and was leaning toward Electrolux. When we had done the design in the spring 2008, I had actually ordered appliances through Sears. At that time, we were getting mostly GE Cafe.

Since I wanted to change the footprint of the kitchen, we were now looking at cooktops and double ovens. Many people were trying to talk me out of a double oven, and ultimately, I was convienced. Instead we went with a single wall oven, a combo microwave/convection oven, and a warming drawer. Since I wanted a counter-depth refrigerator, I thought it would be a good idea (and yes, a luxury) to have an undercounter beverage refrigerator. All the appliances, with the exception of the beverage refrig, are Electrolux Icon.

Refrigerator

Cooktop

Range Hood

Convection-Microwave

Wall Oven

Warming Drawer

Dishwasher Beverage Refrigerator

No comments:

Post a Comment