Tuesday, July 7, 2009

You ought to be in pictures...

Today I received a call from our kitchen designer asking if I was interested in having our kitchen appear in an upcoming issue of a decorating magazine published in our area. Well, yeah! They are coming early next week for the photo shoot. So much to do before then. I still have a dozen boxes to unpack containing house decorations and my vast assortment of baskets, the drapes in our living room and dining room need to be hung, not to mention pictures. This past week I've been enjoying having a sofa to sit on, so not much has been happening in the way of decorating. Guess I need to put it in high gear!

Our stairway is coming to a completion. I'm totally impressed with the workmanship that our contractor has shown. Because he was not able to get the newel post and handrail delivered within a reasonable time frame, he crafted these from scratch. I'm sure they are better than something we would have received from a factory. Thanks Wayne!

The cap and trim on the newel post as well as the handrail are cherry. Beautiful!

6 comments:

  1. The stairway is awesome!

    I just finished reading the book "Julie & Julia" which is a best selling book that developed from a blog about cooking. Maybe you should consider writing a book about your remodeling. In the book, Julie had CBS News, NY Post, Daily News and NY Times cover her cooking towards the end of her blogging for a year. There's still hope for you.

    Almost forgot, it will be out as a movie this August with Meryl Streep playing Julia Child. Who will play you in the movie version of your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny. I've heard about the movie. Let's see, I would be happy with someone like Sally Field. We're about the same height, but she's MUCH older than I am. I think Goldie Hawn would be good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take Goldie Hawn, even if she is also older than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I revise my response. I would rather be played by Helen Mirren. And if she is not available, then Angelina Jolie with grey hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right that if want to give a new look to our house than remodeling is the best way but remodeling really cost lot of money that’s why I didn’t go for remodeling.
    If you have any more pics, and tips and tricks for how you did that I would love to hear them!!!
    http://generalcontractors411.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete