Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tile

Last weekend we went to a local decorating center and quickly looked through tile. We plan to do a tile backsplash behind the cooktop. We also plan to finally tile around our gas fireplace as well as replace the existing tile in the half bath floor. We grabbed a few boards that caught our eye and brought them home. Yesterday, I went to our kitchen designer's showroom along with my sister-in-law to view some additional tile options that the decorating center had dropped off. We also finally got a sample of our granite. While the sample is not from the exact slab we had picked out (this is polished rather than antiqued), it certainly gives us a better idea than my poor quality phone camera picture. This was taken with my phone camera, but you can see a bit of the blue flecks. It's called Blue in the Night.



Through process of elimination, we decided that one of the two tiles that I had quickly chosen was a winner. At this point, I'm thinking that we will use the 2"x2" version on the backsplash and the 6"x6" for the fireplace surround. We also want to add a hearth, so will go with the 12"x12" for that. This is the tile. It's a glazed porcelain mosaic. Probably will go with a darker gray grout.















I did a mockup of our fireplace.

























This is the tile that I'm thinking about for the half bath floor. We will have natural cherry beadboard going up 50 something inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment