Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Appliances, Lighting and Tile. Oh My!

Last Thursday saw another huge change in the kitchen...our new Electrolux Icon appliances were installed. When I arrived home from work, my kitchen looked like a tornado hit. Four trades people were hard at work, tools everywhere. Not only were the appliances installed, but all my lighting is in. It's amazing the difference pendant lights and under and in cabinet lighting can make.



The beadboard on the back of the island and peninsula was also installed. I'm very pleased with the look of both and can't wait to see the beadboard under the two upper cabinets as well as in the half bath.




Speaking of the half bath, I'm getting mixed reviews on our Toto dual-flush toilet. Since I work in a department that has Energy in it's name, sustainability is at the forefront of my mind. Of course I had to have a dual-flush toilet! The fact that it looks like it came out of a Jetson's cartoon is the part I think the guys are having a problem with. At this point, I can only report that I love the look, as there still isn't a door on the bathroom.




I spent the morning on Saturday cleaning the interior and exterior of each appliance as well as reading the user guides. Yikes! Eight user guides! Last night I had the opportunity to use my gas cooktop for the first time. Got to love a 17,000 BTU burner! And I was glad to find that cleanup was extremely easy. Used the new dishwasher also. So much quieter than our old one.

Today the tile backsplash behind the cooktop was installed. It's the same tile as our fireplace surround, so I knew I would love it. Tomorrow the grouting will be done and hopefully the beadboard under the upper cabinets.



2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a $500 toilet! What does it do that is so special?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to post a photo of the bathroom? Curious now! lol!

    ReplyDelete