Monday, May 25, 2009

I can see clearly now...

One of my favorite things in the kitchen is the new triple casement window. The two outside windows open out and the center one is fixed. With our wide granite window sill, I'm able to put plants on it without a worry. I'm actually attempting various herbs...we'll see how that goes considering I certainly do not have a green thumb.

Last weekend we moved most everything back into the kitchen. It's been great being able to cook with the new cookware I received for Christmas and to eat on something other than paper plates. I love how the backspash behind the cooktop turned out. The beadboard under the upper cabinets has also been installed. All I'm waiting for is the wooden end brackets and shaker peg boards.


We brought our new stools home from the storage unit. They are extremely comfortable and I love the way they look. The stools for the peninsula should be coming in next weekend. From the island, we're able to see the newly installed tv above the refrigerator. I love that I'm able to close up the cabinet to hide it away.


The half bath is well on it's way. The vessel sink is now operational and the beadboard has been installed. All that's left is the top trim on the beadboard, the mirror, and paint. It looks like a totally different room.


Bob and I keep saying to each other that we love the kitchen. It still doesn't feel like our house yet...I'm sure that once we move all our furniture back in, then it will feel more like home. Right now I can't help but think I'm cooking in someone elses kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. So, when do the painters come? It looks like that's all that's left until it's complete.

    Has Bob christened the toilet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite all that's left...we're replacing all the trim on the first floor with flat stock (similar to Hawthorn Road). That's 7 windows, 6 doors, and lots of baseboards. Also redoing the stairway with wood and a new banister. Since this last post, the trim around the new opening between the kitchen and dining room has been mostly done...just needs the posts. I'm hoping we'll be ready for painters in another few weeks. If our brother were doing this, it would be Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete