Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baby Steps

With the kitchen 99% complete, work has moved to other parts of the first floor remodel. One of the major changes involved with the remodel was removing the wall between the kitchen and dining room. This past week the trim was added to the opening. I'm still getting use to the look of the posts, but they are growing on me. I'm sure paint will make a huge difference.























We also picked up the two stools for the peninsula over the weekend. Very comfortable at a surprisingly good price. Right now it appears we have dueling laptops.

On Sunday we took a trip to a rug store in MA. I had seen an ad in a magazine from this store. The ad had a rug pictured that caught my eye. When we walked in, the first rug I saw was the one from the ad. Loved it! When I inquired as to the price, I was told something almost comparable to the price of all our cabinets and more than what we paid for our appliances...in total! After picking myself off the floor, we asked to see something more reasonably priced. On to the other side of the store we were taken. Still too much. Long story short, we ultimately ended up in the basement (bargin?). After regrouping, we started looking at runners. I had been thinking about a runner in the kitchen in front of the sink area. We came home with something on trial for the week.













2 comments:

  1. I like the rug but how will red wine and spaghetti sauce look on it? I'll bet your first choice was an oriental since the price was from outer space. So tell me where is this rug store in MA? Will everything be done in time for Father's Day? Inquiring minds need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The store is in Natick. This runner will be going back this weekend. I love it, but should be spending my money on other things...

    My goals is to be done for Father's Day. At least I have somewhere to cook! Seating is another matter if the furniture isn't moved back in. Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete